Fall 2023 Online Chant Courses
  • AngelaRAngelaR
    The International Chant Academy's Online Chant Courses are back, now with new daytime options: Tuesdays at 1 pm and 6 pm Central Time. To ensure each student receives the personal attention deserved, each level is limited to 5 seats. All sessions are held live via Zoom.

LEVEL I: Sight singing and notation (starts October 17)
    Lesson 1: Pitch and Rhythm
    Lesson 2: Neumes
    Lesson 3: Chant Preparation
    Lesson 4: Modes, and Chant Resources
    Lesson 5: Chant and the Liturgy
    Lesson 6: Private One Hour Lesson

LEVEL II: Artistry, text, and the modes; culminates in sung Vespers (starts September 5) *
    Lesson 1: The 8 Church Modes
    Lesson 2: Chant, the Vehicle of the Word
    Lesson 3: Psalm Tones
    Lesson 4: The Liturgy of the Hours
    Lesson 5: Communal Dimension of Chant
    Lesson 6: Private One Hour Lesson
    * To enroll, student must have comfort with sight singing pitch and neumes on the four line staff (skills which are developed in private chant study, or in Level I).

"The [Online Chant Course - Level II] was very well structured allowing participants to build upon their personal experience with chant and existing knowledge and skills. Participants had ample opportunity for questions and exploration of alternative performance interpretations of various chants. Having attended several chant workshops, I came to the class with knowledge from a variety of sources, and Angela brought those pieces of knowledge together into a cohesive package.

"Angela is a friendly and encouraging instructor. She strives to have each participant succeed in understanding and performing chant. She was very thorough in her presentation of the history of chant and the recovery of this beautiful musical expression of our faith in the present.

​"I highly recommend this course for anyone who desires to understand the rich musical treasure of the Catholic Church and for those in positions to elevate Sacred Liturgy with music."​
    ​~ Rhonda, music director

Visit www.chantacademy.com for more information.

Questions? send an email to info@chantacademy.com
    3375 x 3375 - 14M
    Thanked by 2ServiamScores DCM